Temazepam belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines. It’s used to treat sleeping problems (insomnia). It can also be taken to help you relax before an operation or other medical or dental treatments.
Temazepam 20mg Tablets
Temazepam belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines.
It can also be taken to help you relax before an operation or other medical or dental treatments.
It comes as tablets or as a liquid that you swallow.
Temazepam is available on prescription only.
Temazepam for anxiety
- The most common side effects include feeling drowsy or lightheaded, and having a dry mouth.
- It’s not recommended to use temazepam for longer than 4 weeks.
- If temazepam affects your eyesight or makes you feel sleepy, dizzy or confused, do not drive or use tools or machines until you feel OK again.
- Do not drink alcohol when taking temazepam.
It’s not suitable for everyone.
To make sure it’s safe for you, tell your doctor before starting temazepam if you:
- have had an allergic reaction to temazepam or any other medicine in the past
- have myasthenia gravis, a condition that causes muscle weakness
- had severe lung or liver problems
- have a mental health problem, such as depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, personality disorder or thoughts of suicide
- acute narrow angle glaucoma, a condition that affects the eye
- are trying to get pregnant, are already pregnant or breastfeeding
4. How and when to take it
You’ll usually take it once a day, half an hour before bedtime.
It’s important to take it exactly as your doctor has told you. Your doctor may recommend taking it only 2 or 3 nights a week.
Take temazepam tablets or liquid with a drink of water. You can take it with or without food.